When you’re a mum, throwing a party for your friends might not be quite the same crazy affair it was back in the days before the kids arrived. But just because you’re a parent it doesn’t mean you can’t still have a good get-together with the girls. And what better excuse for a party than the arrival of a new baby?!
This month, we’ve teamed up with the nation’s favourite non-alcoholic soft drink, Shloer, to give you some top tips on how to throw the ultimate baby shower. We’re also giving you the chance to win the perfect gift to bring along… A Trunki suitcase plus a hamper of sparkling Shloer Celebration to really get the (non-alcoholic) party started! To enter and be in for a chance of winning this fab prize, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Planning the ultimate baby shower
- First things first – decide on a suitable venue. To take the pressure off the mum-to-be (or new mum if you’re holding the party after the baby is born) think about holding it at the home of a willing friend or family member, or hiring somewhere.
- Organise some activities. Some like to play some light-hearted games – like seeing who can change a nappy the quickest (on a doll not the actual baby, of course!) or ‘guess the flavour of the baby food’ (taste them blindfolded – it’s surprisingly difficult!). But there are also loads of lovely activities to choose from – like decorating a babygro or making some other memento, or writing notes to the baby to go into a time capsule to be opened when they’re older.
- Make sure you’ve got the bubbly ready! Shloer Celebration is the perfect non-alcoholic alternative to champagne and it’s a great way to add a special touch of class to your party. It can be tricky to find a sophisticated soft drink for adults when you don’t want alcohol, but Shloer is a delicious fruity alternative to wine. Try serving chilled with a few fresh raspberries in the glass for some extra party flair.
- Find the perfect gift. A Trunki is an ideal present – it can be used even before the baby is born (mum can take a bag into hospital/birthing centre for herself and a Trunki for the baby’s things) and then to keep baby’s things in one place when travelling. It’s an ideal walker for when baby is up and standing and then, of course, once toddling it’s a ride-on and luggage in one!
- Look here for even more tips on hosting a sparkling baby shower!
Enter Our Competition and You Could Win a Trunki and a Shloer Hamper!
Enter our competition and you could win the Trunki suitcase of your choice filled with bottles of sparkling Shloer Celebration that’ll really get the baby shower started! The competition closes on Monday, 10th October 2016. Good luck!
Competition terms and conditions:
- UK entries only
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- Competition closes at midday on the 10th of October, 2016
- A winner will be selected at random after the above date
- The winners will be notified by email within a week of the competition closing date
- The winners will have 7 days to respond after which time we reserve the right to select an alternative winner
- When you enter the competition you’ll automatically be signed up to Trunki and Shloer email lists. You can unsubscribe at any time
- There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part. We reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability of the intended prizes